Skin Perfusion Pressure (SPP) assesses the local pressure in the microcirculatory system. It is a widely used parameter in the assessment of wound healing potential in patients with limb ischemia and peripheral arterial disease. SPP test devices have become crucial for wound healing in patients with chronic limb ischemia.
Future Market Insights (IMF), in a new study, has predicted the market for skin perfusion pressure testing devices to show a 4.6% year-on-year growth in 2021. Driven by rising healthcare spending, the market will continue to show strong demand throughout the forecast period, 2020 to 2030.
Compared to other non-invasive methods such as toe blood pressure and ankle-arm index, SPP provides more accurate results and hence its use is gaining popularity among doctors. It has been observed that the SPP can assess the ischemic state of the lower limbs which cannot be assessed by the ankle-arm index.
This increases the preference of SPP over ABI, which in turn is expected to drive the market for skin perfusion pressure testing devices.
Request Sample Copy of Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-9263
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly affected medical practices, leading to a decrease in non-essential medical care, including wound healing specialty. The nationwide lockdown and disrupted supply chain has limited the ability to practice wound healing under normal conditions.
The pandemic in the first months of 2020 had a negative impact on the market for skin perfusion pressure testing devices.
The rising prevalence of peripheral arterial disease is another major driver of demand growth. Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) prevents lower extremity wounds from healing. Patient populations most at risk have ischemic disease, foot ulcers, diabetes mellitus and/or impaired kidney function.
The most widely used test is the ankle-arm index (ABI), but it has limited utility in patients with foot ulcers. The ankle brachial index alone is not considered effective for wound healing. To overcome this problem, manufacturers are focusing on developing advanced skin infusion pressure.
Request a full TOC of this report with figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-9263
Key players in the Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Devices market are strengthening their market position through acquisition, partnerships and expansion. For example,
- In October 2015, Vasamed Incorporated entered into a collaboration and distribution agreement with CorVascular Diagnostics, LLC, which designs and distributes peripheral vascular diagnostic solutions.
- In January 2019, Perimed AB announced a partnership with Radiometer Medical ApS (Radiometer) to accelerate and expand the distribution of the Perimed PeriFlux 6000 tcpO2 stand-alone system.
- Some of the major market players covered by FMI include Vasamed Incorporated, Moor Instruments, Perimed AB, ELCAT GmbH, ATYS Medical, Viasonix and Promed Group, consolidating their positions through mergers, acquisitions and new product launches.
Key Takeaways from the Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Device Marker Study
- The Global Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Devices Market is estimated to be worth US$ 28.83 Million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a Market CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2020-2030)
- The United States holds over 90% of the North American market, but Canada is expected to grow faster at a CAGR of around 5.0%.
- Germany holds the largest market share in Europe and will grow at a CAGR of around 4.8% through 2030
- The UK will show annual growth of 5.3% in 2021, becoming a key market for SPP test devices in Europe. France will also continue to show strong demand
Do not hesitate to ask your questions at
Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing Devices Market by Category
- Laser Doppler Skin Perfusion Pressure Test Devices
- Devices for testing skin perfusion pressure by photoplethysmography
- Pressure cuff controller
- fiber optic probe
- portable devices
- Trolley-mounted devices
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Wound care centers
- Vascular Laboratories
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
About Future Market Insights (IMF)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into the driving factors that increase demand in the market. It reveals opportunities that will drive market growth in various segments on the basis of source, application, sales channel, and end-use over the next 10 years.
Future Market Outlook
Unit No: 1602-006, Jumeirah Bay 2, Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs