Hydration and hydration of the skin is extremely important because it prevents your skin from drying out.
New Delhi: A woman’s body goes through several changes throughout the month, especially during menstruation. Hormonal changes cause changes in the body as well as in your skin. It is therefore extremely important to take care of the skin. In most cases, the skin tends to become sensitive as a result of hormonal imbalances.
- Be sure to wash your face twice a day: Due to hormonal changes in the body, chances are your skin will secrete excess oil and sebum, which can lead to acne and pimples. Therefore, it is important to remove all oil and dirt from the skin. For this, be sure to wash your face with a mild facial cleanser twice a day to prevent oil and dirt from settling on your skin. Also, if you see excess oil on your skin, use a tissue to remove the oil.
- Keep your skin hydrated: Hydration and hydration of the skin is extremely important because it prevents your skin from drying out. You can use skin care products that prevent your skin from drying out or you can also use home remedies that serve the same purpose.
Honeyis known to be extremely beneficial for the skin as it prevents the skin from drying out and along with this it also has antibacterial properties which prevent acne and breakouts. You can also use DIYmasks that help keep the skin hydrated.
- Pay attention to what you eat: There are several foods known to benefit the skin, such as vitamin E, antioxidants, and healthy fats. These help keep the skin healthy while reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation and keeping the skin hydrated. Fruits are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and fish and seeds are good for healthy fats and several other nutrients.
- Avoid makeup as much as possible: Since your skin tends to become extremely sensitive during your period, it’s best to avoid makeup as much as possible. It will keep your skin relaxed and calm and it will also be easy for your skin to breathe. During these days, be sure to keep your face clean and you can also use some DIY face masks that help keep the skin clean.
- Facial massage: A good facial massage or for that matter a good body massage can help keep your skin healthy during your period. It can help calm your nerves and muscles and can also improve blood circulation in the body as well as in your face.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.